Saturday, May 14, 2011

Cherry Pits with a Twist!

Sorry I couldn't make the meeting... ;o(   I guess Mother Nature is not very happy right now... This took a while to fix... thank goodness for my sweetheart of a husband.  But.... all is fixed... the tree is gone, the fence is fixed and our next move is to move... literally... since our house is finally finished, papers signed... We will be putting shelf paper in TODAY!!!  ;o)

Since I couldn't be there on Thursday and as a result can't really do an update, I thought I would share a tip on a rice hot pad how-to...


A few years ago I made a couple of rice hot pads to help with the arthritis in my hands and the pain in my neck and shoulders.   The pattern called for just half filling a tube of fabric with rice and stitching up the end.  I didn't like the idea of all the rice ending up on the ends and none where I needed it, so I made separate compartments in the tube and filled each one 1/2 full.  Works like a charm.  Today I found something new....

Cherry Pits..

Over on Martha Stewart's blog there is a pattern for the hot pads (I still like mine better!).. using cherry pits as a filler.  I am so intrigued that I just might have to order some.  They are so inexpensive and could be used for so many other things (thinking kids toys here)!  Here's the link... the online site is called  PIT STUFF.  I wonder if they would smell like the cherries... ;o) .. hmmm... doubt it...

There is also a link given on Martha Stewart's site for buying buckwheat hulls.... these can also be used in the hot pads.  I sleep on a buckwheat hull pillow, so I'm thinking these would be a lot cheaper than buying the new pillows...  The site is http://buckwheathull.com

Well, must get up and get around.  Going to be a really busy day.  Hope all goes great for you guys!  Have a wonderful day!  ;o)

No comments: